FALL SEMESTER 2013 PIANO TUITION

Group Lesson 1: $60 per month
Private Lesson 1: $70 3 private lessons and 1 group in month
(AUDITION ONLY)
Private Lesson 2: $80 4 private lessons in 1 month
(AUDITION ONLY)
$35.00 Yearly Registration Fee

Sunday, April 20, 2008

"SOUNDS OF NATURE" RECITAL A SUCCESS!

I hope everyone enjoyed the recital as much as I did. The students performances were superb. There were a few stumbles of course because of nervous jitters, but overall the recital was fabulous. I was proud of the work they put into memorizing their piano pieces. This is a mark of excellence! Thank you parents for all your support! Of course with each and every recital, I find what I can improve upon, but I love challenging myself with different goals to keep our piano recitals fresh and alive. I loved the power point presentation that Emily and Ashley made. It was beautiful and fun. We'll have to do it again, but maybe instead of Emily and Ashley finding every picture, we can have help from each student. The biggest improvement we can make in our recitals are the ensembles. We really need all students that perform in an ensemble to be present at all of our ensemble practices. As you could see some of the groups knew their parts well and others did not. If we are going to play ensembles as a studio, students need to come to every rehearsal, and bring their music. I was without two conductor scores on Saturday because of children forgetting their music. I couldn't help que students in and out because of this. They also need to play with their metronome, count and listen to each other so we can all stay together. Playing ensembles are challenging, but are so good for the students. You ask why I continue to have the students play ensembles? I know how good they are for each piano student. They learn so much about themselves. They realize that it's not all about them. They have to have faith in each other to reach the goal of making the ensemble sound beautiful. It's hard work, students have to pay attention 24/7. Thank you again for attending the recital, It was truly an adventure!

No comments: